Experience the buzz of working in the innovative and exciting beauty industry. Qualify as a ITEC internationally recognised professional in facials, eye treatments, body treatments, manicure/pedicure, waxing, make up, body and facial electrics, body massage and more, using professional products and equipment.
Train in a highly motivated environment, with a committed and dedicated team in an intensive programme designed to deliver the highest standards expected by the beauty industry. Successful learners are qualified in the exciting and glamorous world of the beauty industry and open a world of career opportunities.
If you’re looking for the first step in beauty therapy, you’ve found it.
|Award||iTEC Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists
iTEC Level 3 Award in Body Massage
iTEC Level 3 Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments
iTEC Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
iTEC Level 3 Certificate in Spa Treatments
iTEC Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (Covid-19) for Beauty Therapy and Nail Services
|Format||Full-time. September 2023 to May 2024.|
|Location||Onsite at Mallow Campus or Charleville FET Center (Formerly Mannix College)|
|Timetable||Hours between Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 15:30.|
|Requirements||No CAO required (Leaving Cert./LCA/equivalent for under 23s). Application review discussion.|
|Starting||Classes start the week of Monday the 12th of September 2023.|
|Fees||€600 (SUSI/BTEA €600, Medical Card €600, VTOS €250).|
|Applications||Applications open. Places available. No deposit required to start your application.|
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Beauty salons. +
- Cruise liners. +
- Department-store beauty counter. +
- Health spas. +
- Hotel leisure centres. +
- Pharmacies. +
- Retail sales/sales representative. +
- Training and sales. +
- Tutoring. +
- Extra: Professional Guest Lecturers.
- From Dermalogica, Steiner, Hennessys Hair & Beauty/Training, Inglot Make-Up.
- Extra: Specialist Training Workshops.
- Workshops conducted in a friendly, professional environment with an expert educator, to give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills they need for new business opportunities.
- Optional: Inglot Make Up Level 0.
- Train with a personalised Inglot cosmetics training kit and to receive addtional training with Inglot make up artists.
- Optional: Lycon Advanced Waxing.
- This training course will provide learners with all of the skills necessary to perform a fast, efficient and thorough treatment.
- Optional: Occasion Hair Level 0.
- Optional: OPI GelColor.
- An excellent gel system that allows trained manicurists to offer a complete colour, which will give clients weeks of glossy OPI colour.
- Optional: Spray Tanning.
- The most sought after beauty treatment currently. Training conducted in a professional environment with an expert educator.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an application review discussion. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- ITEC Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments, Level 3 – QAN 100/2588/1.
- ITEC Diploma in Body Treatments, Level 3 – QAN 100/2571/6.
- ITEC Diploma for Beauty Specialists, Level 2 – QAN 100/1914/5.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. Each student is responsible for securing their own work placement. Dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Graduates can progress to third level programmes in Institutes of Technology across Ireland including degrees in Spa & Wellness Management at AIT, Health & Leisure with Massage at ITT, and Health Promotion at WIT. See mallowcollege.ie/progressions for further information.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €600
- Medical Card Holders: €600
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €600
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €600
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €350
- €50 Deposit (refundable) + €350 ITEC Exam Fees/Book rental.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.