QQI Level 5 Certificate in Community Health Services – 5M4468.
This Level 5 Major Award enables the learner to develop the knowledge, skills and competence to work under supervision in a range of community health service settings and school settings.
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the learner to work effectively under direction in a special needs capacity.
|Award||QQI Level 5 Certificate in Community Health Services – 5M4468.|
|Format||Full-time. September 2023 to May 2024.|
|Location||Onsite at Charleville FET Center (Formerly Mannix College)|
|Timetable||Hours between Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 14:30.|
|Requirements||No CAO required (Leaving Cert./LCA/equivalent for under 23s). Application review discussion.|
|Starting||Classes start the week of Monday the 11th of September 2023.|
|Fees||€300 (SUSI/BTEA €250, Medical Card €250, VTOS €0).|
|Applications||Applications open. Places available. No deposit required to start your application.|
Personal care assistant.
Pre-school special needs assistant.
Primary school special needs assistant.
Secondary school special need assistant.
|Intellectual Disability Studies||5N1652|
|Human Growth and Development||5N1279|
|Safety and Health at Work||5N1794|
|Understanding Special Needs||5N1709|
|Special Needs Assisting||5N1786|
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
Four days a week, from 9:30 to 14:30. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an application review discussion. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
The dates and duration will be specified by the College in September.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €300
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €250
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.