QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration – 5M2468.
It’s not easy making the decision to come back to education as a mature adult. At Mallow College we’ve been listening, learning, and working with people from all backgrounds and of every age. We are ready to help you overcome your fears and to make sure that further education is going to be a great experience for you – personally and professionally.
You may not remember the last time you did an exam or wrote an assignment, but you bring an enormous amount of life and experience with you to the classroom and to our College community. Mature students quickly rediscover their own confidence, commitment, and learning success.
Launch your comeback with essential business and IT skills for the workforce. Add the complete range of Microsoft Office software as well as communications, work-experience, bookkeeping, payroll, and business administration skills.
|Award||QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration – 5M2468.|
|Format||Full-time. September 2023 to May 2024.|
|Location||Onsite at Mallow Campus or Charleville Centre|
|Timetable||Hours between Monday to Friday, 09:30 to 13:30.|
|Requirements||No CAO required (Leaving Cert./LCA/equivalent for under 23s). Application review discussion.|
|Starting||Classes start the week of Monday the 11th of September 2023.|
|Fees||€300 (SUSI/BTEA €250, Medical Card €250, VTOS €0).|
|Applications||Applications open. Places available. No deposit required to start your application.|
- Administration in banking, insurance, medical, solicitors and travel industries. +
- Clerical work in health services and local authorities. +
- General secretarial and office administration in local offices. +
- Receptionist. +
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- The administration requirements of a range of organisations to enable the learner to operate effectively under supervision in a variety of administration contexts.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Communicate verbally and non-verbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under general direction.
- Digital Presentations (5N0563) Level 5 QQI.
- Plan, prepare and deliver a digital presentation and to gather and present information using modern presentation techniques. PowerPoint is an important subject for students planning to enter third level, as well as students planning to enter the workforce.
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills (5N1407) Level 5 QQI.
- Carry out reception related tasks and operations as a front line representative in a range of organisations.
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Knowledge, skill and competence to create and modify spreadsheets. The subject gives students an in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Excel application and its structure. It provides students with an excellent working knowledge of a number of features, such as graphs, macros, sorting and filtering data as well as in-built financial, statistical and mathematical functions.
- Word Processing (5N1358) Level 5 QQI.
- Use a word processing application to produce documents in a variety of contexts to a mailable and publishable standard whilst working autonomously and under general direction.
- Bookkeeping – Manual and Computerised (5N1354) Level 5 QQI.
- Produce and maintain accurate bookkeeping records for a range of organisations, using manual and computerised systems.
- Payroll – Manual and Computerised (5N1546) Level 5 QQI.
- Operate and maintain accurate payroll records using manual and computerised systems, for an organisation, working under general direction and supervision.
- Text Production (5N1422) Level 5 QQI.
- Produce a range of documents to a mailable standard, within a minimum speed of 35 words per minute.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction. Prepare yourself for industry, prepare your CV (and online LinkedIn profile), practice interview skills, and gain invaluable experience on your own work placement.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
Five mornings, from 9:30 to 13:30. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an application review discussion. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
The dates and duration will be specified by the College in September.
Advance to QQI level 6 at Mallow College. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Business Administration, Business, Business Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Tourism & Marketing. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcampus.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €300
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €250
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €250
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.