QQI Level 5 Certificate in Hairdressing – 5M3351
This Level 5 Major Award enables the learner to develop the knowledge, skills and competence to progress to complete the Hairdressing Apprenticeship, with Mallow Campus.
This course comes at a very exciting time in Hairdressing with the new National Hairdressing Apprenticeship now a reality. The aim of the course is to prepare students for an opportunity as an apprentice in the Hairdressing Industry. Students will be given practical training and confidence in many disciplines, for example, blow drying, colour application, basic cutting, setting, etc, which they will be required to combine with practical experience of salon work placement to help them secure an Apprenticeship. Emphasis is placed on all key areas of Hairdressing that will enhance students’ techniques, creative and interpersonal skills. All practical training takes place in our fully equipped modern Hair Salon.
|Award||QQI Level 5 Certificate in Hairdressing – 5M3351|
|Format||Full-time. September 2023 to May 2024.|
|Location||Onsite at Mallow Campus|
|Timetable||Hours between Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 15:30.|
|Requirements||No CAO required (Leaving Cert./LCA/equivalent for under 23s). Application review discussion.|
|Starting||Classes start the week of Monday the 11th of September 2023.|
|Fees||€300 (SUSI/BTEA €250, Medical Card €250, VTOS €0).|
|Applications||Applications open. Places available. No deposit required to start your application.|
Hair Apprentice student
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
Four days a week, from 9:30 to 15:30. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an application review discussion. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
The dates and duration will be specified by the College in September.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €300
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €250
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.