QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration – 5M2468.
Mallow Campus has put together a unique choice of business and office courses with enhanced specialisations.
With the essential skills for employment in a healthcare setting, as a Medical Secretary graduate you will work in administrative and front office roles in either public or private sector medicine. You will have excellent communications skills, handle correspondence, facilitate patients and professionals, arrange and schedule appointments, bill patients and insurance companies, compile medical charts and reports, and order supplies.
Achieve excellent general employment and office skills, a proficiency in the complete range of Microsoft Office applications, and specialise in frontline reception skills, business, bookkeeping, anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology. You will also have the opportunity to recover a problem Leaving Certificate maths grade with an optional Level 5 maths within your timetable.
With your QQI level 5 Business Administration award you can also continue on your progression route to study commerce and other qualifications at CIT and UCC.
Join our excellent graduate employment record and reputation for excellence.
|QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration – 5M2468.
|Full-time. September 2024 to May 2025.
|Onsite at Mallow Campus.
|Hours between Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 15:30.
|No CAO required (Leaving Cert./LCA/equivalent for under 23s). Application review discussion.
|Classes start the week of Monday the 16th of September 2024.
|firstname.lastname@example.org or call 022-43309
|Applications open. Places available. No deposit required to start your application.
- Administration in banking, insurance, solicitors, and travel industries. +
- Clerical work in health services and local authorities. +
- General secretarial and office administration in doctor’s or dental surgeries. +
- Receptionist. +
- Socrates Medical Package: Socrates software is a medical records system for a General Practice. It is used by Irish GPs. Our Socrates course which is certified by the Mallow College of Further Education includes the management of patient files and the addition of new patients, managing the appointment system for the practice. It includes organising the waiting room and consultations of patients once they arrive at the practice, printing repeat prescriptions and referral letter as well as billing and fee management functions.
- Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an application review discussion. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College in September.
Advance to QQI level 6 Business at Mallow Campus. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Business Administration, Business, Business Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Tourism & Marketing. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow Campus qualification go to mallowcampus.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for C